Pacific Harvest proudly supplies high grade, dried, edible seaweed, sustainably harvested and tested for contaminants in easy to use formats. For nearly 20 years we have been supplying health and organic shops, specialty gourmet stores, leading chefs and health practitioners around New Zealand, and everyone else, through our online store. We’re grateful for the trust of the health community, who tell us Pacific Harvest is the ‘go to’ place for a wide range of clean, high quality seaweed products. Increasingly, we have the Australian health and wellness community approaching us too.
The more we learn about seaweed, the more inspired we are to make seaweed easier to understand and use! We:
- Are relatively new owners of a small company on a wonderful learning curve – we purchased the business from Doug and Louise Fawcett, who started the business in 2002 and retired in November 2019
- Are a food company and delight in the mouth-watering and healthy alternatives seaweed provides (seaweed has many applications, however, we are all about food!). We have a food safety license (NP3) and operate under New Zealand’s strict food safety standards
- Specialise in offering a range of artisanal dried (wild and farmed) delicious edible seaweeds, harvested ethically in New Zealand and from carefully selected harvesters around the globe, which offer unique flavours and textures to any meal
- Are inspired and increasingly excited by the opportunity to grow a sustainable business with high standards of integrity and quality products that will improve both the health of our families and the planet
- Continue to be amazed by the vast and largely unrepresented topic of seaweed, and what an incredibly positive impact it can have on the planet
- Are passionate about building New Zealand’s reputation in the emerging seaweed industry in a sustainable and ethical way. There are several aspects to this:
- the ocean is central to life in New Zealand and the food that comes from our shimmering, clean, unspoilt seas is nutritious, uncontaminated and pure
- New Zealand has the 9th longest coastline in the world, which is home to over 1,000 native species of seaweed. We think there is remarkable opportunity for New Zealanders and the regional economies to partner and build the base for a future industry with ethics and sustainability at its core
- Whilst we do not harvest ourselves, we will continue to build strong partnerships with ethical harvesters who have appropriate food safety certifications
- Are on a packaging journey towards increasingly planet friendlier solutions which have adequate moisture and light barrier properties to maintain our quality, whilst also reducing the use of plastic and providing better recycling options. Read more about this here.