What do you give the person who has everything? Tired of presenting beautifully wrapped chocolates or wine? Well seaweed has the answers you have been looking for! Seaweed gifts offer:
- nutritional powerhouses
- surprising flavour – naturally umami in flavour they can add flavour and texture to a wide variety of meals
- a range of fascinating talking points – each is unique and relatively unknown compared to their land based vegetable ‘cousins’
- all round good – good for the planet, good for you – give seaweed gifts with peace of mind.
Ideas for Giving Seaweeds as Gifts:
- don’t gift seaweed that has not been cleaned, tested or dried properly. Seaweeds available near cities or inhabited areas risks being contaminated; they can be used as ornaments but shouldn’t be consumed. Purchase food grade seaweed from a reputable source OR learn about foraging for seaweeds and follow responsible practices to ensure seaweeds collected for food are not contaminated.
- Make food gifts with your seaweed supplies. For example, karengo pesto, jams, dressings, flavoured butters, furikake pastry sticks, mint jelly…..
- If you are short on time, make up a seaweed gift basket – some ideas include:
Wishing you a safe, healthy and happy festive season filled with seaweed!