We have just become a New Zealand Fernmark Licensee! (August 2020)
We’re excited to announce that we’ve recently become a New Zealand FernMark Licensee and will proudly display the Fernmark on our New Zealand harvested products.
The FernMark Licence Programme is the Government’s official ‘country of origin’ accreditation programme, designed to protect and promote New Zealand products to the world.
- Becoming a FernMark Licensee means we’ve met all the New Zealand Government’s eligibility criteria for the Programme. It gives us permission to display the ‘FernMark’ (the Government’s trademarked Silver Fern) on our New Zealand products, which is seen as a mark of trust and authenticity for consumers around the world.
- Displaying the FernMark instantly associates us with New Zealand's great reputation. We're part of a community of New Zealand businesses that are collectively taking our New Zealand stories to the world.
- The Programme employs a global monitoring service, Yellow Brand Protection, who trawl the web for illegitimate use of the FernMark. The service helps maintain the exclusivity and integrity of the Programme and protects the brand equity invested in the FernMark.
- Ultimately, the FernMark Licence Programme promotes trust. We trust the Programme to drive preference for New Zealand products and our customers trust the authenticity of those products.
We are open and trading through lock down
We have strict social distancing practices in place, are working shifts and disinfecting any shared spaces (kitchen and bathroom) after each use. Our factory is not open to the public so the only visitors we have are couriers who come to collect your orders. We have completed extra COVID training on hand washing hygiene to ensure we keep up with best practice.
Thank you for your continued support during these strange days. Adding a little seaweed to your everyday meals will keep you strong and healthy, so now is the time to be browsing our blog and recipes to get inspired!
Seaweed and Algae Update March 2020
Sea Chicory Update
We are working hard to find a clean source of Sea Chicory - thank you for your patience - it has taken a long time and we have been close a few times but unfortunately the testing did not comply with NZ standards. We are quietly hopeful the source we are working on now will be clean and we'll soon have good news.
Whist Spirulina is not a seaweed it fits well in our range. You should be able to find lots of information and recipes on our site about spirulina but we are not currently stocking it. As you may know, we are working on a packaging upgrade and when we get this underway we will be delighted to reintroduce spirulina to our range! Stay tuned!
New Website Launches March 2020
We're excited to present our new website which has a few cool features which will improve your shopping experience with us. We have moved a few things around so hope you find it easier to find what you are looking for! The world of edible seaweed can feel a little confusing when you first find it, so three easy steps are:
- Replace regular salt with kelp salt
- Season with our seaweed seasoning range
- Experiment with seaweed leaves
Pacific Harvest will be at the Auckland Go Green Expo- 28 & 29th March 2020, ASB Showgrounds
Pop onto our stand to say hi and sample some delicious seaweed treats. We have some exciting new developments and look forward to your feedback on them.
What better way to celebrate the Green Show than to eat seaweed - the ocean's superfood!
New Ownership - November 2019
After nearly 20 years, Doug and Louise Fawcett have retired and passed Pacific Harvest to Susan and Hayley. Louise's seaweed knowledge is extensive and her passion infectious. We look forward to continuing to serve New Zealand and Australia with the high standards of seaweed service they have come to expect. Thank you for your patience as we quickly climb a steep learning curve!