Baked Goats Cheese Recipe with DulseCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
This baked Goats Cheese recipe with Dulse is creamy and smoky. Dulse and goats cheese are the perfect combination and dulse, a red seaweed lifts the nutritional profile of this snack significantly.
225g of fresh goat cheese
250ml gourmet oil
fresh herbs: thyme, rosemary etc.
1 day old baguette bread
2 tbsp flaked Dulse
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sherry vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
- Slice goat cheese log into discs and marinate in a mixture of oil & fresh herbs, for several hours & up to a week.
- Pre-heat the oven to 2000C.
- Slice the bread and grill briefly until dry and slightly browned.
- Place a disc of cheese on each slice of bread and sprinkle quite generously with Dulse flakes & pepper.
- Bake on a baking sheet for about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve on a bed of mesclun lettuce with lemon/lime wedges.