Baked Potato Recipe with Garlic FurikakeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This baaked potato recipe with garlic furikake as a garnish doesn’t only give amazing taste & colour, but provides all the highly concentrated nutrients found in this seaweed seasoning.
4 large potatoes
Kelp Salt (optional, see tips below)
butter/vegetarian spread/sour cream, to taste
generous sprinkle of Garlic Furikake
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225C.
- Scrub the potato skins clean and cut a ‘cross’ on the top, slicing 1/3 of the way down the potato.
- Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle quite generously with Kelp Salt (to make the skin crunchy). Bake for one hour or until done.
- When cooked, press the potato around the cut to make the flesh visible and protrude slightly.
- Add butter or sour cream and sprinkle generously with furikake seaweed seasoning.
- Because of all the minerals from the seaweed ingredients, furikake seaweed seasoning should provide enough ‘saltiness’ without the need for additional salt.
- This recipe also works well with sweet potatoes.