Savoy Cabbage Soup Recipe with FurikakeCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
This quick & easy savoy cabbage soup recipe is loaded with minerals, especially if you use the seaweed stock as well as the furikake garnish. Photo by Colin Campbell for The Gardian
4 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, chopped fine
1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp caraway seeds, roasted
zest of one lemon
½ savoy cabbage, shredded, outer leaves saved for garnish
1 potato, peeled & chopped in small cubes
½ litre stock (bone broth, vegetable or seaweed stock)
½ litre Cream or almond/soya milk
1 tbsp Chilli Furikake
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, caraway seeds & garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add the potatoes & cabbage and cook 5 minutes more. Add lemon zest & stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Crush vegetables gently using a potato masher; add milk or cream if desired. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded outer leaves and a generous sprinkle of Chilli Furikake.