Ceviche Recipe with Lemon KelpCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This ceviche recipe with lemon kelp is a refreshing, South American inspired dish. The citrus juice actually ‘cooks’ the fish and the kelp adds beautiful flavour and nutrients.
500g very fresh fish (monkish, orange roughly, scallops, prawns)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp small capers
colourful capsicums, finely chopped
juice of 6 limes (& zest of 1)
3 tbsp lime flavoured avocado oil
1/2 tsp Lemon Kelp
bruised kaffir lime leaf
a few pink peppercorns
coriander leaves coarsely chopped
one small chilli pepper cut very fine
200ml coconut cream
lettuce or banana leaves to serve
fresh chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Slice into fine pieces and arrange in a glass bowl.
- Add all ingredients except coconut cream and marinate for 6 hours.
- Drain some of the lime juice and add coconut cream before serving and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on lettuce or banana leaf, season with Lemon Kelp seasoning and serve with corn chips.
- Serves many as an appetizer or 4 as a main course