Cheese Stick Recipe with SeaweedCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
This cheese stick recipe with seaweed gives an umami twist. Make your own in minutes and they are far more nutritious than store bought options when a little seaweed is added.
Recipe inspired by sasasunakku.com
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 C.
- Line a biscuit sheet with baking paper.
- Lay the rolled pastry on a cutting board and paint it liberally with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the Furikake seaweed seasoning evenly on the sheet, not too sparingly as the flavour will only be on one side of the pastry.
- Then sprinkle the cheese & ground pepper.
- To make sticks, cut the pastry lengthwise into strips of about 2cm wide. To twist, take hold of each end of the pastry strips and twist, then lay on the baking sheet. (Note: This is made a lot easier if your pastry sheet is very cold. In fact, I roll & cut mine on a marble board that has been refrigerated).
- When all the pieces are on the baking sheet, brush the surface of the stick with the egg wash and sprinkle with more Furikake if desired.
- Bake in the top part of the oven for 10 minutes or until puffed up & golden.
- Serve on a snack platter or add to lunch boxes as a healthier snack.