Chicken Soup Recipe with Kale & Sea SpaghettiCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This Chicken Soup Recipe with Kale & Sea Spaghetti is a hearty soup that will boost your immunity and restore your energy on cold winter days. Sea Spaghetti is high in key nutrients & delicate in flavour.
Picture & recipe inspiration from www.insockmonkeyslippers.com.
10g dried Sea Spaghetti, immersed in warm stock & soaked for 30 minutes or overnight
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch kale
9 cups chicken stock (bone broth) prepared with a strip of Kombu*
3 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
kelp salt (to taste, if required)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Chopped parsley or Sea Lettuce flakes
- Cut the roots and the dark green leaves off the leeks. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and cut in small crescents shapes about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Peel and dice the onion. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook the onions, garlic, leeks for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions and leeks are soft and translucent.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and tear or chop into bite size pieces.
- Once the leeks and onions are soft add the kale, chicken stock and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and the re-hydrated Sea Spaghetti.
- Heat until the chicken is warmed through.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.