Crunchy Karengo SnackCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
This crunchy Karengo Snack takes only minutes to make and is a great addition to lunch boxes. A red seaweed, this feeds the brain & nourished the body!
2 cups Pacific Harvest Karengo fronds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds *
1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- Warm oil on medium heat and toss nuts and/or seeds until golden.
- Lower the heat to the lowest* setting and add Karengo fronds. Toss with a wooden spoon until crunchy and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool in the pan. If not eaten straight away, store in an airtight plastic container away from direct light.
- Other nuts or seeds of your choice can be supplemented or added
- Ideally the heat is very low so to preserve natural enzymes & vitamins in Karengo . Another way to do this is to use a very low oven (40 C ) or a de-hydrator for several hours.