Edamame Salad Recipe with Avocado & Sea SpaghettiCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
This delicious edamame salad recipe with avocado & sea spaghetti is a pairing of wonderfully nutritious ingredients which provide essential trace elements, minerals and fatty acids which are key to good health.
100g edamame beans*
10-12 strands of dried Sea Spaghetti
100g mixed leaves (baby spinach, rocket)
toasted sesame seeds
2 spring onions, cut fine
extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the Sea Spaghetti by either soaking 20 minutes in tepid water or boiling on stove top for 10 minutes. The liquid can be water or, for extra flavour, ginger tea, lemon water or stock. When fully rehydrated, drain the liquid and cut to desired length. Set aside.
- Cook the edamame briefly in boiling water and discard the skin.
- Cube the avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the leaves in a serving plate and scatter the other ingredients on top.
- Sprinkle with the dressing to taste and serve.
- Note: Edamame is young soybean, usually still in the pod. … edamame beans are available in most supermarkets in the frozen vegetable section. To cook edamame, boil in salted water or steam. If the bean is still in the pod, remove the pod.
- Read more about Sea Spaghetti here