Fish Parcel Recipe with Sea SpaghettiCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This fish parcel recipe with Sea Spaghetti is delicious and so easy to prepare. The sea spaghetti adds extra nutrients and adds dramatic flare and colour against the white of the fish.
Photo by Chef Apprentice’s crew Food Series “The Chef’s Apprentice” (2011) featured Masterchef NZ runner-up Kelly Young
200g fresh fettuccine
20g Pacific Harvest Sea Spaghetti
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 lemon slices
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 Tbsp Pacific Harvest Chilli Furikake
2 snapper fillets
sea salt (optional) and fresh cracked pepper
splash of white wine
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar – optional
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 x 30cm square pieces of baking paper
2 x 35cm square pieces of tin foil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Boil sea spaghetti for 10 mins until al dente. (The longer you boil the more flavour you lose).
- Cook pasta to al dente in boiling water according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Fresh pasta only requires about 4-5 mins).
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the garlic and lemon zest for 1-2 minutes. Toss with the cooked pasta and sea spaghetti and season with the Chilli Furikake.
- Divide the pasta between the pieces of baking paper. Top the pasta with a piece of fish and a slice of lemon, splash of wine, 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, parsley, lemon juice and season.
- Fold in the sides of the baking paper and foil, and then fold down the top to secure the parcel.
- Place parcels onto an oven tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the fish cooked through. Garnish with Chilli seaweed and sesame seasoning if desired.
- Serve with a crisp salad or steamed vegetables.
- Read more about Sea Spaghetti here