Flounder Recipe with Nori (Karengo)Course: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This flounder Recipe with Karengo added creates a delicious combination with contrasting colour. Experiment with whitebait or crab additions.
500g flounder fillets or fish suitable for rolling eg sole, dory
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150g whitebait or crab meat
2 shallots, diced
pinch each: sugar, saffron or turmeric
1 cup white wine
1-2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and dried
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Smear the garlic over the one side of the fillets. Top with the whitebait or crab meat.
- Sprinkle with a little of the Nori (Karengo) flakes. Roll up firmly. Secure with toothpicks, if required.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Gently sauté the rolls in the butter, 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the pan. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, saffron or turmeric and wine. Stir well then strain.
- Boil rapidly until reduced.
- Add the capers, pepper and remaining nori flakes.
- Spoon over the fish and serve.