Garlic Bruschetta RecipeCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This garlic bruschetta recipe will delight garlic bread fans. The added benefit from using garlic kelp is additional nutrient and wonderful umami flavour. Kelp seasonings are a positive alternative to salt because they taste salty, yet have less sodium and more of the other minerals & trace elements we need.
150g unsalted butter
3 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tsp Garlic kelp
2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a ramekin dish or make into a log.
- Wrap in paper and refrigerate until needed.
- Garnish with some of the onion, Italian herbs, black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Grill in the top part of the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm for extra flavour.
- The butter is delicious on crostinis, steamed vegetables or as a garnish on fish & seafood. Other butter mixtures can be made using different flavour kelp seasoning or different herbs. Try unsalted butter mixed with Chilli Kelp, finely cut preserved lemon and minced fresh thyme or unsalted butter with Lemon Kelp, Sea Lettuce Flakes and finely chopped lemon grass. Develop your own creative mixtures and share them with us!Spread some garlic kelp butter on each piece and top with a slice of tomato trimmed to size.
- Make kelp a regular part of your diet by using kelp seasonings as rubs on meat (they add flavour and are tenderising), using them to cook legumes/beans, they speed up cooking time and improve digestibility and using them to make savoury flavoured butters.
- There are so many uses for kelp seasonings which are rich in iodine and therefore a really easy way to eat the ‘Recommended Daily Intake’ (RDI) of this essential nutrient – only a pinch is required.