Goat Cheese Pastries with Sea LettuceCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
These Goats Cheese pastries with Sea Lettuce make a moreish, iron rich snack.
The creaminess of the cheese balances the slight saltiness of the seaweed.
250g puff pastry
Sea Lettuce Flakes to taste
150g goat cheese (spreadable)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tbsp water
Parmesan cheese (optional) *
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll pastry to 15cm x 35 cm rectangle. Trim uneven edges with a sharp knife.
- Mix goat cheese with lemon juice, lemon zest and spread evenly over pastry; sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and lots of Sea Lettuce Flakes.
- Roll up ends tightly to meet in the middle of the pastry if making pastries.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Brush with beaten egg mixture on all sides and cut across into 1 cm thick slices and sprinkle parmesan if using.
- Place slices on an oiled baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden (about 10 minutes).