Grilled Asparagus Recipe with FurikakeCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This grilled asparagus recipe with furikake added will surprise and delight – adding a wonderful fresh flavour and burst of additional nutrients and minerals from the seaweed.
- First trim the base of the asparagus: with one hand, hold an asparagus stalk at its base. Bend the stalk over with your other hand – the asparagus will break where the woody part ends and the tender part begins. Discard the base.
- Make the ‘asparagus rafts’ (easier to BBQ or grill): Place 4 or 5 asparagus stalks next to one another. Skewer them crosswise in two places – just below the tips and 3cm from the bottom – with slender bamboo skewers. You will end up with something that looks like a raft.
- Brush the asparagus rafts on both sides with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with freshly ground black peppercorns if desired…no need for salt, seaweed seasoning takes care of that!
- Grill the asparagus on a barbecue or in a griddle pan for 4-5 mins per side, turning with tongs. Sprinkle with furikake seaweed seasoning.
- Be sure to not overcook the asparagus, they are lovely when bright green & still crunchy!