Grilled Chicken Recipe with Lemon Kelp & CorianderCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This grilled chicken recipe with lemon kelp & coriander will remind you of summer!
The kelp is used as a rub which tenderises, adds beautiful umami flavour and nutrient density – specifically iodine which can help with low thyroid function.
1 kg boneless chicken breasts
1/2 – 1 tsp Lemon Kelp Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil for grilling
grated zest of 2 fresh limes
Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Freshly ground black peppercorns
- Place the chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness with a meat mallet or a rolling-pin.
- Rub the chicken with Lemon kelp and place in a bowl with the lime juice, zest & pepper. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (alternatively BBQ or oven top element).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator & from the marinade. Pat dry & paint with a little olive oil. Add Lemon Kelp if required. G
- rill the chicken for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges
- Try this recipe with chilli kelp if you prefer a little spice