Oven Baked Salmon Recipe with Wild WakameCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This oven baked salmon recipe with New Zealand harvested wild Wakame owes its wonderful flavour to the strong umami content of the seaweed & garnish. It also makes it much more nourishing!
2 big pieces Wakame Leaves, rehydrated
2 salmon steaks
Olive oil & knob of butter
Tamari or Soya sauce
1 red onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
Kelp Salt & pepper
1 lemon cut into wedges
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Cover an oven tray with baking paper and place 2 large Wakame leaves on the paper. Place the salmon steaks on top and drizzle tamari over the salmon.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a pan, add onion & garlic, cooking for 2 minutes, until translucent & fragrant. Add coriander leaves & seasoning and remove from heat as soon as coriander has wilted (1 minute).
- Spoon the mixture over the steaks and wrap in the Wakame leaves.
- Cover with parchment or foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Transfer the parcels to a serving plate and garnish with lemon wedges.