Vegan Potato Cake Recipe with DulseCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This vegan potato cake recipe with dulse will add a wonderful salty, umami flavour as well as a boost of nutrients. Image by thevword.net
450g agria potatoes, peeled & diced
150g cannellini beans
1/4 cup flour (regular or gluten free)
1 cup panko crumbs (regular or gluten free)
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil (or other oil)
2 tbsp almond milk (or other milk)
1 tsp Kelp powder
2 tbsp snipped Dulse leaves
freshly ground black peppercorns
coconut oil for frying
- Cook the potatoes until soft by boiling in salted water. Drain and cool slightly
- In a food processor (or with a potato masher) smash & blend beans, green onions, parsley, kelp, oil, lemon juice & zest. Season to taste.
- Add the potaotes and milk, blend/mash further until combined.
- Rinse the snipped Dulse under tepid water to soften/partly re-hydrate and add to the mixture. Sprinkle flour on the mixture and pulse /combine.
- Form the mixture into patties and roll into panko crumbs.
- Fry in coconut oil on medium heat for several minutes until each side is a lovely golden brown.
- Serve with vegan mayo, parsley & a wedge of lemon.