Potato Leek Soup Recipe with Sea LettuceCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This addition of sea lettuce to this potato Leek soup recipe brings a lovely fresh colour, iron rich nutrients as well as a comforting umami flavour. It is a delicate, all-season soup which can be served cold in the summer.
- In a pot, gently fry the leek and celery in oil until soft.
- Add potatoes and broth, bring to boil.
- Lower temperature and simmer until potatoes are soft (10 minutes).
- Use a potato masher to partly puree the mixture so there are still some big chunks left.
- Add the almond milk and Sea Lettuce Flakes.
- Stir to combine, adjust seasoning and warm up. Serve warm in soup bowls with crusty bread, toast or crackers.
- Read more about Sea Lettuce in our blog here.