Try our fresh vegan black bean and quinoa patties infused with seaweed. Great as a wrap filler, burger patty or a perfect health bowl pairing. Pair with our Seaweed salt tzatziki for the ultimate flavour combination.
Prep time: 20 Cook time:20 Makes: 6 large patties
- Rinse quinoa, place in a saucepan with water and vegetable stock and boil for about 10 minutes. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low heat, so the liquid simmers. Quinoa holds lots of water, so you have to make sure you drain it thoroughly after it’s cooked.
- Meanwhile, sauté olive oil, the red onion and garlic until it is golden brown and set aside.
- Mash rinsed black beans in a large bowl with a fork, leaving some larger chunks of beans.
- Add the onion and quinoa to the bean mix along with the tomato paste, power of three, cayenne pepper, paprika and chilli kelp. Mix until combined.
- Divide bean mixture into 6 balls, flatten into patties.
- Place patties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total.