Prawn & Soba Noodle Salad with SeaweedCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This prawn & soba noodle salad with Seaweed is beautiful to look at & delicious to eat, as well as being quick to prepare and full of flavour. The added bonus is the nutrients the seaweeds add!
Recipe & Photo by Alison Pirrie-Mawer
200g soba noodles
16- large prawns
1 cup Pacific Harvest Sea Lettuce Flakes*
1 tbsp Pacific Harvest Dulse Flakes*
3 spring onions
1 red pepper
100g needle mushrooms or any readily available mushroom (thinly sliced if not using needle mushrooms)
2 tsp sesame oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
handful fresh parsley leaves
1 tsp Pacific Harvest Lemon Kelp
handful fresh coriander leaves
4 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
- Half fill a medium size pan with water then bring to the boil.
- Place Sea Lettuce Flakes & Dulse Flakes in a sift and dip into the boiled water and allow to soak for 2 minutes. Remove from water then strain and cool. Place in a large bowl. Add the soba noodles to the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes or until al dente, on a low simmer. Drain noodles, then run briefly under cold water to cool them and drain again. Place in same bowl as Sea Lettuce Flakes. Thinly slice the red pepper and spring onion and add to the bowl with noodles, Sea Lettuce Flakes & Dulse Flakes. Briefly fry the mushrooms in a frying pan with a little oil, then add above ingredients.
- To make the salad dressing, take a large pestle & mortar (or blender) and grind the parsley & coriander leaves. Add the lemon juice, sesame oil and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper and grind further until you get a lovely green paste. Add 2 more tbsp olive oil and grind again. Add the dressing to the bowl with the noodles and toss through to coat all the ingredients. Divide the noodle salad between four serving bowls/plates.
- In a small bowl add 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 tsp Lemon Kelp seasoning. Coat the prawns with this mixture. In a cast iron or non stick frying pan fry the prawns on each side till pink and just cooked through (approx 1 min each side). Arrange prawns on top of the cold noodle salad and serve.
- *You can substitute the sea lettuce and dulse flakes for Power of three seaweed flakes