Wild Rice Salad Recipe with Nori (Karengo)Course: MainDifficulty: Easy
This Wild Rice Salad recipe with Nori (Karengo) added is a full meal, packed with essential nutrients for good health. Nori is also known as karengo in NZ. It adds flavour and wonderful rich colour to the plate.
½ cup Nori (Karengo) Fronds
100g extra firm tofu
1 spring onions, chopped
½ cup pecans, toasted
bunch coriander leaves, chopped
3 cups cooked wild rice (alternatively, brown or red rice)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/3 cup shoyu
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
zest of one lemon
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
Kelp Salt & cayenne to taste
Optional – Furikake seasoning to garnish
- Drain the tofu, pat dry and cube. Cook in an oiled pan over medium high heat until the tofu is firm, golden and bouncy. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients.
- To assemble, first mix together the spring onion, pecans, coriander leaves, crumbled seaweed and the wild rice with a generous amount of dressing. Combine well and add the cooked tofu.
- Toss gently and add more dressing if required.
- Garnish with furikake seasoning for added flavour and nutrients.