Raw Rice Vermicelli Salad Recipe with Edamame & WakameCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
This Rice Vermicelli Salad Recipe with Edamame & Wakame asserts its umami magic in this beautiful vermicelli salad recipe. A detox salad, everything is raw and the dressing full of detoxing ingredients.
Recipe by David Bonom, Photo by Carin Krasner for EatingWell.
1 packet (250g) frozen shelled Edamame beans
200g packet of thin rice noodles (vermicelli style)*
3/4 cup rice vinegar (or apple cider)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded carrot
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts**, chopped
- Cook Edamame according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Soften or cook noodles according to directions. Drain, transfer to a work surface and chop twice.
- Soak wakame in tepid water for 3-5 minutes; drain and squeeze excess moisture. Chop if necessary.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the edamame, rice noodles, wakame and dulse flakes, carrot, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and 1/4 cup nuts; toss well to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining nuts.
- * Substitutions: bean noodles are also great for this, the thin ones do not need cooking only soaking for 30 minutes if you prefer the salad raw. Other nuts can be used (macadamia, or cashews are good choices)