Roast Beef Crusted With Chilli KelpCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
400g beef eye filet
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp Pacific Harvest Chilli Kelp seasoning
150g sour cream
2 tbsp horseradish cream
freshly ground black pepper
- First spread the mustard evenly on the beef and sprinkle with a good layer of Chilli Kelp seasoning.
- Wrap and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Warm the oven to grill at 200 C. Unwrap the beef and set on a rack in an oven proof dish.
- Cook under the grill for 10 minutes each side or until done to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garnish by combining the ingredients.
- When the beef is ready, take it out of the oven and allow to ‘rest’ for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the horseradish cream.
- Note: Basically, a rub is a mixture of spices and herbs that are applied directly to meats before cooking. What makes a rub different from a marinade is that you apply the flavouring directly to the surface of the meat itself, rubbing it in with the palm of your hand. Using Chilli Kelp seasonings this way imparts flavour, replaces salt and tenderizes all in one go!