Roast Vegetable Salad Recipe with FurikakeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This roast vegetable salad with furikake seaweed seasoning is comforting and nourishing. The seaweed seasoning adds extra nutrients and minerals and a wonderful fresh, umami flavour.
400g pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
125ml olive oil
450g baking potatoes, scrubbed & halved length ways
120g un-sliced rye bread, coarsely torn (or gluten free bread of your choice)
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
2-3 tbsp Pacific Harvest Garlic Furikake
2 bunches of fresh carrots, trimmed, scrubbed & halved length ways
1 head of radicchio, leaves separated & coarsely torn
1 head of garlic separated into cloves
Baby rocket leaves or other green leaves (opt’l)
45ml red wine vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Peel & chop vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the pumpkin & potato with a bit of the oil in a bowl. Season with Pacific Harvest Garlic Furikake. Scatter in a large roasting pan with the onion, carrots and garlic and about 40ml of the olive oil and roast until tender (about 45 minutes).
- Meanwhile, scatter bread in a single layer over a separate roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Roast until golden and toasted (about 10 minutes).
- Combine vegetables and bread in a serving bowl and add the radicchio & rocket leaves (if using).
- Combine remaining olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl and drizzle over the warm salad.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Try the chilli furikake seasoning as an alternative