Sea Chicory Salad with Sprouts & CucumberCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
This delicate Sea Chicory salad is fresh and crunchy, a delicious starter. Seaweeds & sprouts combined make it visually striking as well as nutritious.
1-2g dried Sea Chicory (a tbsp dry is enough for 2 servings)
2 tbsp bean sprouts
1 good handful sprouted seeds
Cucumber(5 cm) cut fine match sticks
1 Spring onion, cut fine
2 tbsp Tamari
2 tsp Grated ginger
½ tsp Sesame oil
Juice ½ lemon
Kelp Salt & pepper to taste
- Re-hydrate the Sea Chicory in cold water for 3-5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the seaweed, cucumber (if using) and sprouts until evenly combined. The proportions in the mixture should be roughly 1/3 seaweed and 2/3 other vegetables.
- Make the dressing by blending the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dressing & combine when ready to eat.
- Enjoy right away !
- Tip: the dressing draws the agar (jelly) out of the seaweed when left to stand, making it slippery. To avoid this, add the dressing just before serving and consume immediately.
- Read more about Sea Chicory here.