Seaweed & Seed SnackCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Seed snacks are already nutritious and packed with dietary fibre, protein, healthy fats and many antioxidants. Combined with seaweed, their nutritional value is multiplied and their digestibility improved. Make a batch and store for use as a healthy snack. This seed snack contains 3 different seaweeds, one from each colour group: red, green & brown, providing a wide range of nutrients. Makes 10-12 small squares
Photo from Abra’s Kitchen.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all seeds and nuts in a bowl. In a large dry pan over medium-low heat roast the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Transfer back to the bowl and blend in the seaweeds, then syrup and oil. Stir until the mixture is evenly coated and sticky.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Leave loose to form uneven clusters or pat down into a slab.
- Cool until set. Cut slab into squares – approximately 10-12 small squares.
- Tip: other seeds or nuts can be added, to your taste
- Tip: You can substitute any of the seaweed flakes for power of three – a blend of three seaweeds in one.