Roasted Mushroom, Feta and Smoked Dulse Pasta RecipeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Try this gorgeous, aromatic, umami-flavoured pasta “sauce” with the subtle sweetness of the Mānuka wood smoke softening and intensifying the naturally smoky Dulse flavour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a baking dish add tomatoes, mushrooms cut in halves and toss with the olive oil, smoked dulse and salt and pepper.
- Once mixed add in the feta to the centre of the dish.
- Boil water and cook pasta per packets instructions. Then strain and set aside, mix it with a dash of olive oil to ensure the pasta does not stick.
- Place in oven and leave for 40 minutes or until brown and golden.
- Once removed from the dish into a large bowl add the pasta and mix all components together, crumbling up the feta.
- Serve fresh or best kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Make sure you’re using a small baking dish so the tomatoes are close together or touching. This will allow the tomatoes to saute in olive oil and gain the most flavour.
- Roast other vegetables like capsicum, eggplant and zucchini for extra nutrition and colour in this dish.
- Prefer a lower carb option? Try swapping out the noodles for zoodles