Smoked Salmon Rolls Wrapped in Wild WakameCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
Smoked Salmon Rolls Wrapped in Wild Wakame are a lovely way to enjoy this naturally crunchy seaweed harvested from the pristine waters of new Zealand. This is a fantastic alternative to sushi for people on a paleo diet or people just wanting to reduce carbs! Many variations would work equally well with the advantage that the seaweed is totally unprocessed.
Wild harvested Wakame leaves *
Cream cheese or non-dairy alternative like cashew cream
Smoked salmon slices
Fresh dill sprigs
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Soak the Wakame leaves in tepid water for 5 minutes.
- Cut the rehydrated Wakame in lengths of 6-8 cm.
- On each piece of seaweed, lay thin slices of smoked garnish with capers & fresh dill.
- Make a small roll and serve with a wedge of lemon.
- *One leaf may make as many as 4-5 rolls – add bits that are not wide enough to roll to soups, stir-fry or salads. This won’t work with the farmed wakame leaves as they are pre-chopped and too small to roll.