Soba Noodle Recipe with Furikake SeasoningCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This Soba noodle recipe with furikake seasoning is delicious and nutritious, proving energy for an extended period of time. The addition of seaweed seasoning brings an umami flavour and wonderful boost of nutrients. Choose your seaweed seasoning flavour!
2 tbsp Pacific Harvest Chilli Furikake*
¼cup olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped peeled ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
250g Soba noodles
3 green onions thinly sliced
½ cup of steamed broad beans or Soya beans (edamame)
2 small bok choy heads, cut finely
½ cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soya sauce
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- For the dressing, mix all dressing ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high and sauté garlic & ginger until fragrant (about 30 sec).
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until tender & golden (about 5 min).
- Add bok choy and most of the green onion and cook al dente.
- Turn heat off and add dressing, stir.
- Warm/cook the beans and discard the pod or thick skin.
- Cook soba noodles in boiling salt water according to packet instructions. Drain in a colander & rinse under cool water to stop cooking, drain well. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with Furikake, vegetable mixture and beans.
- Serve and enjoy!