Fresh Summer Roll Recipe with SeaweedCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
8 sheets rice paper
1 carrot (julienne)
1 cucumber (julienne)
1 capsicum (julienne)
1 apple (julienne)
1/2 cup spinach leaves
2 eggs (fried)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp power of three or dulse flakes
1 cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 pinch chilli flakes
- Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix and set aside.
- Crack eggs, beat and fry. Cut into thin long slices.
- Julienne apples, carrots, capsicum, and cucumber and set aside in separate piles.
- Pour warm water into a large bowl or 9-inch square or round baking pan. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds. You want the wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface ensuring you let the water drip off.
- Layer a few pieces of spinach in the middle of the wrap as if you were making a burrito then add a few sticks of capsicum, carrot, cucumber, egg, and apple. Try not to overstuff the roll. Start small then add more, as needed, as you roll each one.
- Roll everything up tightly. To do so, gently place the top and bottom of the roll over the filling then, place the right-hand side wrap under the filling and roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go.
- After rolling each, place on a serving plate and serve with peanut sauce.
- These are just recommended vegetables you can use any fruit or vegetable you have in your pantry – these rolls are so versatile making them such a quick easy meal.