Sweet Potato Cake Recipe with WakameCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
This Sweet Potato Cake Recipe with Wakame makes it easy to add seaweed into an every day meal. Loved by children and adults alike, these kumara patties are colourful, tasty and very nutritious.
- Cut the kumera into large chunks and cook gently into boiling water until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Re-hydrate the Wakame in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out any excess water. Chop coarsely.
- Squash the potatoes into a puree with butter, add the Wakame , onion, parsley and Kelp powder.
- Adjust seasoning and mix in the eggs.
- Shape the mixture into cakes and fry in sizzling butter/oil until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with a salad or green vegetables.