Tim’s sweet chilli prawns are such a crowd-pleaser. Just sprinkle with Chilli kelp to add delicious umami flavour you won’t believe how simply delicious these are!
Tim’s Sweet Chilli PrawnsCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
- Put some toothpicks in some water.
- Cut bacon into strips about 2cm wide and about 9cm long. Wrap the bacon around the prawns using the toothpicks to keep the bacon attached.
- Put them in a container. Pour the chilli sauce and chilli kelp all over it. Close and shake the container and leave to marinate for an hour or two.
- Place on frying pan or barbeque. Be careful not to overcook. Make sure the heat is high so you are cooking the bacon quickly and not overcooking the prawns.
- Serve as a starter or part of a main with a crisp salad and rice.
- Why soak toothpicks? The moisture that is absorbed while soaking will prevent the toothpicks from burning during the cooking process.
- How to wrap prawns? You’ll need about 1 strip of bacon for every 2 shrimp. Working one at a time, wrap a half piece of bacon around each piece of shrimp using a toothpick to secure