Tofu Chip Recipe with Nori & Miso Dipping SauceCourse: LunchDifficulty: Medium
This Tofu Chip recipe with Nori & Miso Dipping Sauce has a crunchy texture & wonderful flavours. It makes a nutritious light lunch, it’s well worth the time it takes to make it! Recipe & picture by Louie Galloway, winner of Pacific Harvest’s 2010 Cooking Competition
1 Tbsp red miso
1 ½ Tbsp white miso
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp sesame oil
2 tsp mirin
1 tsp brown rice vinegar
¼ cup hot water
juice of ½ lemon
½ spring onion, sliced thinly to garnish
- Tofu Chips
2X 275g packet of tofu, cut into 1cm batons
½ cup potato flour approx. to coat
The white of 2 eggs, lightly whisked
½ cup Nori fronds
4 Tbsp sesame seeds
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Seaweed seasoning to garnish
- Mix red and white miso with garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, mirin, brown rice vinegar to form a paste.
- Whisk in hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add lemon juice. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with sliced spring onion.
- Tip potato flour onto a flat plate and pour lightly whisked egg on another.
- Coat tofu chips with potato flour then roll in egg white. Sprinkle each with a little nori and sesame seeds.
- Heat oil to 180 C (a piece of bread should brown in 10 seconds when dropped into hot oil).
- Deep fry tofu chips in small batches until crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with miso dipping sauce.
- Garnish with your choice of Pacific Harvest Seaweed Seasonings.