Vegan Chocolate Panna Cotta Tart RecipeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Medium
This vegan Chocolate Panna Cotta Tart Recipe is also gluten free. It features a quinao flaked crust and uses agar, derived from a red seaweed to set the chocolate filling instead of gelatine.
Photo and recipe by Mei Yee at https://nmmeiyee.com
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
1 1/2 cups full fat coconut cream
1 cup oat milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
150g dark chocolate, melted
2 tsp Agar powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 20cm tart pan. Set aside. In a food processor, combine quinoa flakes, oat flour, almond meal, cacao nibs, cocoa powder. Then add the coconut oil, and maple syrup and pulse to combined. You should get a moist mixture than can be easily moulded.
- Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of tart tin. Bake for 15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool.
- To make the filling,
- Combine the cream, milk and sweetener in a saucepan, bring to the boil then add melted chocolate, whisk in the agar powder.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes until agar is dissolved. Fill the mixture into cooled tart. Let sit in the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- Garnish tart as desired with fruits and enjoy!