Vegan Fruit Snack Recipe with Irish MossCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
A vegan fruit leather snack recipe with Irish Moss, a red seaweed, which is brimming with nutrients, makes a healthier sweet alternative. This will last in the fridge for months, if it lasts that long! You will need to make the Irish Moss gel in advance for this recipe.
4 cups fresh blueberries
2 tbsp chia seeds,ground
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp liquid Stevia (or to taste)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Irish Moss gel
- In a spice grinder, grind the chia seeds into powder.
- In a high-powered blender, combine all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to thicken the puree.
- Spread the mixture very thinly for the dehydrator or a very low oven and dry for about 16 hours, flipping the wrap over half way through. Cut to your liking, rolling with waxed paper as shown.
- Keep your vegan fruit snack in the fridge for up to 3 months (unless eaten prior!)
- Health notes: Irish Moss contains an abundance of minerals and trace elements to nourish the body and special fibers that will soothe the membranes and nourish the gut ecosystem. Read here to learn more about Irish Moss or this article if you would like to understand more about other ways you can use Irish Moss or read our article on the health benefits of Irish Moss.