Vegan Patties Recipe with Seaweed SeasoningCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
This Vegan Patties Recipe with Seaweed Seasoning has black bean and quinoa infused with seaweed to bring a wonderful umami flavour. Great as a wrap filler, burger patty or a perfect health bowl pairing.
1 vegetable stock cube
1 can black beans (drained, rinsed and patted down)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 medium finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp power of three seaweed flakes
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Rinse quinoa, place in a saucepan with water and vegetable stock and boil for about 10 minutes. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low heat, so the liquid simmers. Quinoa holds lots of water, so you have to make sure you drain it thoroughly after it’s cooked.
- Meanwhile, sauté olive oil, the red onion and garlic until it is golden brown and set aside.
- Mash rinsed black beans in a large bowl with a fork, leaving some larger chunks of beans.
- Add the onion and quinoa to the bean mix along with the tomato paste, power of three, cayenne pepper, paprika and chilli kelp. Mix until combined.
- Divide bean mixture into 6 balls, flatten into patties.
- Place patties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total.