Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 25 mins Servings: 4
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add wakame and enough cold water to cover. Soak for 5 minutes, or according to package directions. Reserving 2 tbsp soaking liquid, drain wakame.
- Dice chicken into small bite size pieces, use a frying pan oiled with a drizzle of extra virgin oil to completely cook chicken and leave aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse drained wakame, basil, lemon juice, extra- virgin oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. This should create a nice pesto paste.
- Return pasta to pan. Add reserved liquid and stir in the pesto. Stir to combine. Stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until pesto is through all areas of the pasta then slowly add the chicken and tomatoes.
- Top with parmesan and serve either hot or cold.
Top tip: Leave out the chicken for a great alternative vegetarian meal. Or add some bacon for all those meat lovers!