Watermelon & Feta Salad Recipe with Sea SpaghettiCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
This watermelon & feta salad recipe with sea spaghetti is full of texture and refreshing to taste. It is loaded with minerals and nutrients and will become a favourite in the summertime. Great for picnics & lunchbox!
Half a sweet & ripe seedless watermelon
1 small red onion
250g goat feta cheese
Bunch of fresh parsley & mint
15g of dried Sea Spaghetti strands
Freshly ground black pepper & kelp sea salt
4 tbsp extra-virgin oil
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp grainy mustard
- Soak the Sea Spaghetti in tepid water (or warm mind tea for a different flavour) for 30 minutes.
- Peel the red onion, halve and cut into very thin half moons. Steep in the lemon juice to mellow the flavour.
- Remove watermelon rind and cut in medium size chunks. Transfer to a wide shallow bowl and garnish with the re-hydrated Sea Spaghetti .
- Add the onions, reserving the juice for the dressing.
- Crumble the feta cheese over and garnish with chopped mint & parsley.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients (including the lemon juice) and drizzle over the salad.
- Tip: this recipe also works nicely with other types of melon (rock or honey melons); instead of cutting chunks, try shaved with a vegetable peeler, for a different look & texture.