White Chocolate Cookie Recipe with Sea SpaghettiDifficulty: Medium
This white Chocolate Cookie Recipe with Sea Spaghetti produces a vanilla-honey, moist chewy deliciousness. The addition of sea spaghetti adds nutrients such as iodine and calcium. Makes 16-30 cookies, depending on the size you choose.
8-10g rehydrated sea spaghetti (for about 10 minutes in enough warm water to cover it)
2 large tablespoons of runny honey
2 tablespoons of pear concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
juice of 1 lemon
1 egg, beaten
106 spelt flour
160g ground almonds
1 teaspooon baking powder
125g white chocolate, roughly chopped
85g flaked almonds
- Prepare the sea spaghetti – place in a small saucepan with a little of the soaking water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove and chop finely. Put into a mixing bowl (reserving the soaking water) and use the saucepan to melt the butter.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease baking trays.
- Add honey, pear, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the spaghetti. Mix well. Add melted butter and egg.
- Mix flour, ground almonds and baking powder together in another bowl and fold into the sea spaghetti mixture. Add a little of the reserved soaking water if the dough is too stiff
- Stir in the white chocolate and flaked almonds. Dollop spoons of the mixture onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. If you are opting for larger cookies, it may need a bit longer.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray.
- Tip: If you find the lemon flavour too strong use the 60ml of the soaking water instead of lemon juice