Foodie Adventurer Seaweed Bundle (Sea Spaghetti 30g, Sea Chicory Red 25g, Manuka Smoked Dulse Flakes 25g)
The new seaweed bundle is perfect for the foodie adventurer. If you love to try new flavours and textures in your cooking, this is the pack for you! You can still purchase them individually, or save 20% when you buy them in a bundle.
The Foodie Adventurer Seaweed bundle contains: Sea Spaghetti 30g + Sea Chicory Red 25g + Manuka Smoked Dulse Flakes 25g
How to use the seaweeds in the foodie adventurer seaweed bundle?
- Sea Spaghetti makes a fabulous, gluten free pasta style addition to soups and salads, and adds dramatic colour and flavour to your plates. Read more about Sea Spaghetti in our blog article here.
- Sea Chicory is a delicate seaweed which will spring to life when lightly hydrated and makes a wonderful garnish or addition to salads. Read more about Sea Chicory in this blog article.
- Manuka Smoked Atlantic Dulse Flakes combine the incredible naturally smoky umami flavour with the subtle floral undertones from our hot manuka smoking done right here in New Zealand. Dulse is well regarded as ‘the vegan bacon’ and if you are looking for a plant based, “bacon tasting” alternative, you have come to the right place! This is stunning on avocado toast or as a seasoning in plant based or meat burger patties, fritters, or hearty winter soups and casseroles.
All of these seaweeds are wild harvested, and air dried naturally to preserve nutrients, then tested for contaminants according to the Australia New Zealand food code.
Why cook with seaweed?
There are multiple reasons to cook with seaweed!
- Seaweeds offer the original source of umami flavour without the need for adding chemicall enhanced seasoning. For the foodie adventurer, this is an exciting discovery! You will note on the frond of a dried wild harvested seaweed, that a fine white fluffy powder rises to the surface of the frond as it dries. This is glutamine, an amino acid which is naturally occuring in seaweed and is the source of umami flavour. The Japanese scientist who invented MSG was trying to replicate this powder in his lab when he created this chemical version. Read more in this blog article to understand the role seaweeds play in umami flavour. You no longer need to use chemically laden seasonings in your kitchen when you have delicious seaweeds in your pantry.
- Seaweeds are naturally rich in a range of minerals and trace elements, many of which are unandant in the ocean but depleted in our soils. When you add seaweed, you add a salty flavour but with less sodium and higher mineral content so this is a fabulous alternative for those on a low sodium diet.
- Seaweeds offer plant based, chemical free seasoning options for someone who loves to cook but cares about healthy choices as well. Seaweeds are carbon negative foods – requiring no additional water to grow, no fertiliser and producing a significant amount of our planet’s oxygen, whilst absorbing carbon dioxide.
- Each seaweed in unique in its flavour and texture, in the same way that brocoli and kale are very different to each other, although they are both green land vegetables!
In summary, we are fans of adding nutrients and flavours to food naturally, through whole food sources, rather than taking supplements or using chemically enhanced seasonings. When you embrace seaweed as a seasoning alternative, you get a boost of nutrients (many of which are not present in land plants, and certainly not in the conentrated amounts that seaweeds offer) PLUS wonderful new umami flavours and textures.
Check out our other seaweed bundles –Bakers Delight, Seaweed Starter or large soup bundle
The Foodie Adventurer contains: Sea Spaghetti 30g + Sea Chicory Red 25g + Manuka Smoked Dulse Flakes 25g. Please see individual nutritional panels for full nutritional breakdown.
Note: Apologies this bundle offer is not available to our valued wholesale customers shopping on our website.